Thursday, June 17, 2010

Whew!

Okay so the past month or so has been crazy.

Instead of letting gluten kick my butt, I have tried to make the things I love gluten free.

 I've made brownies, and cookies, and even chinese food chicken fingers. ( the whole no chinese food thing, ouch)

I will make each recipe its own post so people can find things easily, and also talk about local restaurants and whatnot that either a) are gluten-free friendly, b) are willing to work with you or c) just plain not helpful.

( I also have a 5 yr old who can't have gluten so there will (hopefully) be more kid-friendly recipes too)

my basic flour mix is

2 parts white rice flour
2/3 potato starch
1/3 tapioca starch.

I also occasionally throw in a few other flours depending on what i am making. ( the nuttier tasting flours are great for bread)

No comments:

Post a Comment